Civil Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
Aggressive Advocacy for Civil Lawsuits
At Hurtik Law & Associates, our legal team has over 50 years of collective experience handling civil litigation cases. If you are being sued or would like to file a civil lawsuit against someone else, our Las Vegas civil ligation lawyers can provide the aggressive representation you require. Whether you are an individual, small business, corporation, lender, or insurance carrier, we are equipped to help.
We handle a wide range of civil litigation matters, including those related to:
- Property damage
- Personal injury
- Property theft
- Employment liability
- Licensing disputes
- Mortgage and loan issues
- Breach of contract
- Equitable claims
- Tort claims
- Landlord/tenant issues
- Professional malpractice
- Eminent domain
Regardless of the type of issue at hand, our attorneys are ready to guide you through every stage of the litigation process. Call (702) 323-5750 now for a free consultation.
Stages of a Civil Case
Although every case is different, most civil lawsuits follow essentially the same process.
The stages of a civil case typically include:
- Pre-filing: A dispute arises between two or more parties where at least one party makes particular demands of the other. Failed attempts to negotiate a resolution will progress things towards settling the matter in court.
- Initial pleading: One party files a complaint against the other party to initiate the court proceeding. The other party files a response to the complaint.
- Discovery: Each party exchanges information with the other to learn about specific details that are related to the dispute.
- Pre-trial: Preparations are made for trial, including the gathering of evidence and witnesses. Attempts at settlement can be made during this stage, and the parties have an opportunity to file a motion to the court to resolve the case or to set parameters on the issues addressed in the trial.
- Trial: Each party is given the opportunity to present his or her side of the story before a judge or jury, supported by the presentation of evidence and witness statements. Witnesses can also be cross-examined during this time. The case will be decided, and a judgment will be entered.
- Post-trial: Each party is subject to any obligations that were placed upon them in the judgment. The individual who lost also has the opportunity to appeal the decision.
Some cases do not follow this procedure. Instead, they have their own processes as laid out by the court. If your litigation matter has a unique procedure, our lawyers can walk you through the specific stages when you meet with us.
Contact Hurtik Law & Associates Today
Our team of highly experienced litigators is ready to protect your rights and fight for the outcome that you deserve. When you entrust your matter to our Las Vegas civil litigation attorneys, we can give your case the attention it demands. We carefully investigate the facts of each case and approach a resolution from every possible angle.
Contact us today to put our extensive experience and knowledge to work for you. We do not rest until you get justice.