Las Vegas Probate Lawyers
Over 50 Years of Combined Experience
At Hurtik Law & Associates, we help clients resolve probate matters quickly and effectively. We understand that this area of law is complex and that court proceedings are often challenging. If you require assistance navigating the process, our Las Vegas probate attorneys have the knowledge, skills, and resources to manage your case.
What is Probate?
When someone dies, their estate (property, money, and possessions) needs to be sorted, this process is referred to as probate. This involves gathering all assets, paying all taxes and debts, and distributing what is left over to the decedent’s family.
In the event that the deceased has left a will, there will be a designated individual who is responsible for administering the estate. This person is referred to as the executor of the will. The probate process will vary based on several factors, including:
- The type and amount of assets involved
- The creditors to whom debts are owed
- The beneficiaries of the estate
- The instructions left in a will
What Can Go Wrong in the Probate Process
During probate, the process is often complicated when disputes arise between various parties who have an interest in the deceased’s estate, including the executor, beneficiaries, and creditors. There are several complications that can create such dispute such as:
- Onvalid wills
- Unequal distribution of assets
- Unnamed guardians of minors
How Does Probate in Las Vegas Work?
After the probate court authenticates the last will and testament, the value of assets, remaining bills & taxes will be investigated, and assets will be distributed to beneficiaries.
Here's how probate works:
- The probate court appoints an administrator or executor to settle the state.
- The executor locates the assets.
- They notify any creditors of the death and pay debts.
- They prepare the file final tax returns.
- They assist with distributing assets of the estate.
Speak to a Dedicated Legal Professional
At Hurtik Law & Associates, our role as estate planning lawyers is to help you avoid and deal with the various complications that occur during probate. When our probate lawyers in Las Vegas are on your side, we can keep all affairs in proper order and help you get through the process as efficiently as possible.